- The business members think that PACT is an ideal way to try and tackle business crime in their areas. Business PACT provides businesses with information and photographers on offenders, making businesses aware of the troublemakers before they enter premises. Particularly having the radio, as members get alerted to the problems that are occurring all over Barry and are told if an offender is making their way towards a members’ location.
- Due to access to the photographs and information, members are able to observe offenders and witness those committing crimes. This has led to more offenders being arrested and prosecuted for offences.
- Members are taking positive action to make a difference in their areas.
- Members are reporting a reduction in types of incidents and stock loss.
- Businesses and staff are feeling safer in Barry and Culverhouse Cross.
- Assisting in identifying travelling criminals – offenders are travelling from Cardiff, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Newport and Cwmbran are committing offences in the area.
- Links with Visible Services on the radio link system. Visible Services are able to deal with issues such as dog fouling, graffiti, fly tipping, etc. Issue fixed penalty notices to offenders.